Veterans group presents flag to widow in Moore
Delisa Komppa accepted the flag for her husband who was killed in Iraq in 2006.
MOORE — The Oklahoma Veterans School Flag Project presented a flag to the widow of a soldier killed in Iraq.
The flag was presented to Delisa Komppa during a ceremony at Southmoore High School. Her husband, Charles, was killed in Iraq on Oct. 25, 2006. He was assigned to the Naval Mobile Construction Battalion 18 when he was killed in Anbar province.
During the presentation, students were shown the proper way to fold the American flag along with facts about the flag.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 36901Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 36295Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 32626Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 8549Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 5487OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 4132Oklahoma City Thunder: What could Serge Ibaka learn from Hakeem Olajuwon?
- 4021Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad