Former OSU guard Bryndon Manzer exited about calling his first Bedlam game
Manzer credits freshman Marcus Smart for OSU's winning streak
Bryndon Manzer, a former OSU guard (1992-94) will broadcast his first Bedlam men's basketball game Saturday, working with play-by-play announcer Dave Armstrong on the Big 12 Network (including KOCB-34). Manzer, 41, who also is a full-time investment adviser, discussed the game:
Photoview all photos
NewsOK Related Articles
Are you excited about calling your first Bedlam game?
Absolutely, being from Oklahoma, having played in it and having close relationships at both schools. The fact that the game is the most relevant it's been in several years with what's on the line makes it even more interesting.
What has accounted for OSU's recent winning streak?
First of all, Marcus Smart has been everything to this basketball team. To be so young and have the skill set and ability, but I think his leadership — the kind of winning culture — has rubbed off on his teammates. They play with a lot of confidence because of him. He and Markel Brown right now are playing like the best backcourt in the league, and other guys are coming around as well.
How will OU overcome the loss of point guard Buddy Hield to a foot injury?
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 13316Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 11704Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 5428Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 5363Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 4511OU softball: Sooners inspired by Casey Angle, run-rule Texas A&M
- 4209Oklahoma City pastor will face trial in fatal shooting of son-in law
- 3958How to help tornado victims