Oklahoma high school archers target state berths at four regionals
State Fair Park was the site Wednesday and Thursday of two regional competitions in the Oklahoma Archery in the Schools program.
The top shooters from four regionals held around the state will advance to the state shoot March 27 at State Fair Park.
Photoview all 6 photos
NewsOK Related Articles
More than 50,000 students in Oklahoma elementary, middle and high schools participate in the Archery in the Schools program, sponsored by the Oklahoma Department of Wildlife Conservation.
About 3,000 students competed in the regionals and 1,200 students will advance to the state shoot, said Lance Meek of the Wildlife Department.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 10801Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 10490Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 10422Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 9824Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 6498Miranda Lambert, Reba McEntire, Vince Gill to join Blake Shelton at "Healing in the Heartland" Oklahoma tornado benefit
- 4191Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 4093Oklahoma tornadoes: 27 remain hospitalized from tornadoes