Q&A on Collecting: Mixing bowl is a Betty Crocker classic
Anne McCollam advises readers about the value of their antiques.
Q: Enclosed is a photo of a mixing bowl that I have. It is turquoise, in excellent condition and measures 8 3/4 inches in diameter and 2 3/4 inches high. Marked on the bottom are the words “Betty Crocker -- (Trade Mark) -- G M I.” I’m curious about the history and value of my bowl.
A: Betty Crocker is the icon and trademark of General Mills in Minneapolis, Minn. She was created in 1921 to give a personal touch to its products. Her name was on its recipe books,...
View full article on Oklahoman.com
How do I get Full Access?
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 13258OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 7144Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 7131Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 6694Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 6025Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 5256Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 5146Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers