Oklahoma basketball: No. 22 Sooners fall to Kansas
Aaryn Ellenberg scored 21 points, but it wasn't enough as Kansas rolled to an 81-71 victory.
LAWRENCE, Kan. — Carolyn Davis had 24 points and 10 rebounds and Angel Goodrich became Kansas' all-time assists leader as the Jayhawks defeated 22nd-ranked Oklahoma 81-71 on Sunday.
Goodrich, a former Sequoyah-Tahlequah standout, had 17 points and 10 assists, giving her 687 career assists, one more than Lisa Braddy had from 1986-90.
Monica Engelman scored 21 points and Chelsea Gardner had 10 points and nine assists for the Jayhawks (16-8, 7-6 Big 12), who have won four of their last six games. Kansas led 34-22 at halftime and the lead in the second half never got below seven points.
Aaryn Ellenberg led the Sooners (18-7, 8-5) with 21 points. Joanna McFarland had 16 points and 15 rebounds for Oklahoma.
Nicole Griffin had 17 points and nine rebounds for the Sooners and Morgan Hook scored 11 points.
“We shot so poorly today,” Oklahoma coach Sherri Coale said. “Just a lousy offensive performance.”
Oklahoma made just three of its first 22 field goals, falling behind 19-7 after Kansas' 17-2 run.
The all-time series between the schools is tied at 29 wins apiece.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 90847Oklahoma weather: Severe storm updates
- 63590Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 38050Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 34916Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 13810Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 12686Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 12196Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive