Oklahoma man allegedly beats son over Bedlam allegiance
A Perkins man accused of beating his 9-year-old son because he told classmates that he liked the University of Oklahoma better than Oklahoma State University has been charged with one count of child abuse, according to KOCO.com.
The station reports that investigators found severe bruising on the child’s back, buttocks and legs.
Gannon Mendez, 42, is also accused of chopping up soap and pushing it into his son's lip, causing it the bleed, KOCO reports.
In 2011, foxsports.com reported that Gannon Mendez, a 40-year-old sales representative for Scientific Resources, Inc., and a golf club dealer for Cobra Golf, had refused to talk with Oklahoma State University about allegations that he provided impermissible extra benefits to Cowboys football players,including star wide receiver Justin Blackmon.
See our commenting and posting policy.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 10457Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 9286Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 5848Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 4983Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 4420Oklahoma City pastor will face trial in fatal shooting of son-in law
- 4301Oklahoma tornadoes: Price family recovering after some heavy blows
- 4216How to help tornado victims