Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 90847Oklahoma weather: Severe storm updates
- 47098Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 38051Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 30921Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 13823Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 12196Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 11468How to help tornado victims
- 10724Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 10241At least 51 die in Oklahoma tornado, official says
- 8728Bounty hunters look for bail jumpers, fugitives on the streets of Oklahoma City
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients
Taco Bell to launch Cool Ranch tacos March 7
The Associated Press | Published: February 18, 2013 | Modified: February 18, 2013 at 6:22 pm
Taco Bell fans can finally mark their calendars: Doritos Locos Tacos in Cool Ranch flavor will be launched March 7.
The chain is rolling out the new variety a year after the Doritos Locos Tacos were launched in a Nacho Cheese flavor. Taco Bell says it already sold more than 350 million of finger-staining tacos, making them the biggest ever product launch.
CEO Greg Creed has told the Associated Press that Doritos Locos Tacos now account for about a quarter of all taco sales. Creed says he plans to keep introducing new Doritos flavors as well. Next up is a "Flamas" flavor, a Doritos variety sold in select regions of the country with higher Hispanic populations.
The tacos have helped Taco Bell stage a comeback after a lawsuit in 2011 alleging its beef shouldn't be labeled as such because of its other ingredients. The suit was later dropped.
Taco Bell had originally planned to release the Cool Ranch variety last year. But the chain says it postponed the launch after the Nacho Cheese flavor got such a strong response. Speculation had been building online over when the Cool Ranch variety would come out. Taco Bell made the announcement Wednesday on social media sites Twitter, Facebook and YouTube.