Skip Kelly hosts public safety forum
City Councilman Skip Kelly is hosting a community forum Thursday night to discuss violence in Oklahoma City, especially the northeast part of town. Here’s information:
Concern about an increase in criminal activity in Oklahoma City has prompted Ward 7 Councilman Skip Kelly to host community meeting on public safety. The meeting will be held at 6 p.m. on February 21in the City Council Chamber on the third floor of City Hall, 200 N Walker.
“The increase in violent crime in Oklahoma City and specifically in northeast Oklahoma City is unacceptable,” Councilman Skip Kelly said. “This meeting will help us address these issues head-on and work with police and other community partners to create a strategy to reduce the violence.”
According to Kelly drug activity, gangs, crime prevention, domestic abuse and issues associated with public housing will be discussed.
Speakers include Oklahoma City Police Chief Bill Citty, YWCA chief executive officer Janet Peery and Oklahoma City Housing Authority executive director Mark W. Gillett.
“We will listen to resident’s safety concerns and work hard to address them,” Kelly added.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 90847Oklahoma weather: Severe storm updates
- 63590Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 38050Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 34916Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 13810Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 12686Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 12196Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 11468How to help tornado victims
- 10241At least 51 die in Oklahoma tornado, official says
- 8728Bounty hunters look for bail jumpers, fugitives on the streets of Oklahoma City
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients