Fun Facts: Women’s History Month
It’s Women’s History Month! Let’s celebrate with some fun facts from the U.S. Census:
158.3 million: The number of females in the United States in 2011. The number of males was 153.3 million. At 65 and older, there were 13.3 percent more women than men in 2011.
57.7: Percentage of females 16 and older who participated in the labor force, representing about 72.6 million women in 2012.
41.7: Percent of employed females 16 and older who worked in management, professional and related occupations, compared with 35.1 percent of employed males in December 2012.
204,973: Total number of active duty women in the military, as of Nov. 30, 2012. Of that total, 38,378 women were officers, and 164,021 were enlisted.
$37,118: The median annual earnings of women 15 or older who worked year-round, full time in 2011. In comparison, the median annual earnings of men were $48,202.
0.77: The female-to-male earnings ratio in 2011. The number of men and women with earnings who worked year-round in 2011 was not statistically different from the ratio in 2010.
31.4 million: Number of women 25 and older with a bachelor’s degree or more in 2011, higher than the corresponding number for men (30 million). Women had a larger share of high school diplomas (including equivalents), as well as associate, bachelor’s and master’s degrees. More men than women had a professional or doctoral degree.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 43037Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 15155Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 9718Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 8776Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 8708Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 7875Rock, pop, country acts give talents and time to help Oklahoma tornado victims
- 7675Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena
- 7121Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister
- 6968Carrie Underwood donates $1 million to Red Cross for disaster relief in wake of deadly Oklahoma tornadoes
- 5760Oklahoma tornadoes: Sooners bring back some smiles to Sydney Angle's teammates
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients