Universal Aryan Brotherhood member arrested in Oklahoma
Ace Hailey, 46, was arrested Feb. 11 on multiple complaints in Cleveland County. Hailey is a member of the Universal Aryan Brotherhood, authorities say.
NORMAN — A member of the Universal Aryan Brotherhood was arrested last week after a 30-minute standoff at a compound in southern Cleveland County, authorities said Wednesday.
Ace Hailey, 46, was arrested Feb. 11 by Cleveland County sheriff's deputies who were told he might be staying in the area of 140 Street and Maguire Road.
Hailey was wanted on warrants for aggravated assault and battery, robbery and kidnapping.
Oklahoma City Police Capt. Dexter Nelson said Hailey was wanted in a Feb. 7 armed robbery in the area of 800 N Meridian Ave.
Nelson said the location where Hailey was arrested is a known compound of the Aryan Brotherhood.
Initially, Hailey refused to be taken into custody but, after a 30-minute standoff, he surrendered to deputies, according to a news release from Cleveland County.
Hailey was taken to the Cleveland County jail and later released to Oklahoma County sheriff's deputies. He's being held on $150,000 bail at the Oklahoma County jail.
See our commenting and posting policy.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 51290Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 14843Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 9419Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 7710Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 7083Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 6592Rock, pop, country acts give talents and time to help Oklahoma tornado victims
- 6563Carrie Underwood donates $1 million to Red Cross for disaster relief in wake of deadly Oklahoma tornadoes