Oklahoma senators urge Obama to withdraw nomination of Hagel
Republican Sens. Tom Coburn and Jim Inhofe signed a letter with 13 other GOP senators asking President Barack Obama to withdraw the nomination of Chuck Hagel as secretary of defense because of a lack of bipartisan support.
WASHINGTON — Both of Oklahoma’s senators signed a letter to President Barack Obama on Thursday, urging him to withdraw the nomination of Chuck Hagel as defense secretary, but the White House press secretary called the Republican effort a waste of time.
Sens. Tom Coburn, R-Muskogee, and Jim Inhofe, R-Tulsa, joined 13 other Republican senators in saying that a secretary of defense needs broad bipartisan support to serve effectively....
View full article on Oklahoman.com
How do I get Full Access?
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 101218Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 15357OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 13402Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 8724Line of storms brings flash floods to Oklahoma City area
- 8110How to help tornado victims
- 8098Oklahoma tornadoes: Love for Oklahoma generates big donation
- 8041Oklahoma tornadoes: Rams quarterback Sam Bradford leading aid effort