Social Security: Application for retirement benefits can be done in 15 minutes
Online application the fastest way to sign up for Social Security retirement benefits.
Q: What's the easiest way to apply for retirement benefits?
A: The easiest way to apply for retirement benefits is online at www.socialsecurity.gov/applyonline. It's easy and secure. You can complete it in as little as 15 minutes. In most cases, once your application is submitted electronically, you're done. There are no forms to sign and usually no documentation is required.
Social Security will process your application and contact you if we need more information. You also can apply by calling our toll-free number, (800) 772-1213, or TTY at (800) 325-0778, between 7 a.m. and 7 p.m., Monday through Friday. Our representatives will make an appointment to take your application over the telephone or at a local Social Security office.
Q: How can I get an estimate of my retirement benefits?
A: Use our online Retirement Estimator at www.socialsecurity.gov/estimator. There, you can enter certain identifying information about yourself, including your name, date of birth, Social Security number, place of birth, and mother's maiden name. If the personal information you provide matches our records, you can enter your expected retirement age and future wages. The online application will combine your earnings data Social Security has and provide you a quick and reliable online benefit estimate.
Business Photo Galleriesview all
- 12316OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 7699Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 6657Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 6438Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 5739Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 4894Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 4675Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers