OKC Thunder: What Derek Fisher has left in the tank
DEREK FISHER -- What will the veteran guard's role be with the Oklahoma City the second time around.
The hanging question from the Oklahoma City Thunder's decision to bring back Derek Fisher is what's his role?
“He contributed to our team in various ways last season," said general manager Sam Presti Monday in a statement, "and we are looking forward to him joining us again.”
NewsOK Related Articles
Here's what Derek Fisher has left to give, according to Sports Illustrated's Point Forward blogger Ben Golliver:
"At this point in his career, which dates to 1996, Fisher’s chief skills are avoiding critical mistakes, making open three-pointers and taking charges. He also boasts the experience that comes with winning five titles as a member of the Lakers."
Look for The Oklahoman columnist Jenni Carlson's perspective on Fisher's signing in a column soon to post on NewsOK.com/sports.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 14189Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 12474Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 11484OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 9977Report: OSU blocking Wes Lunt from transferring to the SEC, Big 12 and Southern Miss
- 8873Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 7409Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?
- 7240Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated