Commenting functionality gives visitors more control
We silently launched additional functionality on Thursday afternoon that some of our regular visitors noticed almost immediately.
It has to do with our commenting functionality.
Comments on our articles have been very successful for us for a few years now.
We get thousands of comments every day. Most are great. A few aren’t so great. But we don’t want the few to spoil it for the many.
From what I hear from others in the industry, NewsOK.com has been pretty liberal in our allowances on comments on our articles. We want the discussions to be as open as possible. But we are also a mature, grown-up site, so we have to have some laws.
Our Web editors look at every objection made by the masses. They look at them and weigh the issues. If the comment is making an unfair personal attack, uses foul language or is completely off topic, we likely will decide to take the comment off the site. And perhaps just as important as the rules above or in our policy, we ask our editors to use good old-fashioned common sense.
We also make it clear that on some articles, we don’t intend to allow comments. That includes articles on criminal issues or those of a sensitive nature.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 14589OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 8609Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 6402Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 6393Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 6018Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers
- 5816Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 4098As Boy Scouts' vote on gay members nears, faith groups weigh in
- 3659Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage after tall metal utility polls fall in northwest Oklahoma City
- 3653Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?
- 3418Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients