OKC Thunder: Derek Fisher sets sights on ring No. 6
Point guard will wear jersey No. 6 to remind him of his, and the team’s goal: An NBA championship.
The last time Derek Fisher came to town, he selected and sported his uniform number like a badge of honor.
“Last year, 37 was a reminder to myself and some other folks that at 37 you can still play,” Fisher said. “I didn’t want to go to 38 this year even though I’m 38.”
And so he chose jersey No. 6.
It’s the same number previously worn by Eric Maynor, whose departure at the trading deadline last week presented Fisher with a chance to rejoin the...
View full article on Oklahoman.com
How do I get Full Access?
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 101218Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 15357OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 13402Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 8724Line of storms brings flash floods to Oklahoma City area
- 8110How to help tornado victims
- 8098Oklahoma tornadoes: Love for Oklahoma generates big donation
- 8041Oklahoma tornadoes: Rams quarterback Sam Bradford leading aid effort