Class A boys: Dylan Circles leads Fort Cobb-Broxton past Velma-Alma
BETHANY — Velma-Alma fought back from a 10-point deficit in the fourth quarter, but couldn't overcome Fort Cobb-Broxton's post play and free throw shooting down the stretch, which helped the Mustangs hold on for a 61-58 win in the first round of the Class A boys state tournament at Southern Nazarene University.
Photoview all 53 photos
NewsOK Related Articles
Fort Cobb-Broxton's Dylan Circles, a 6-foot-4 forward, scored 13 of his 15 points in the second half and the Mustangs iced the game with solid free throw shooting in the final minutes to advance to the semifinals.
Dallen Mercer led Velma-Alma with 19 points, 16 of which came in the second half.
Daniel Collins led the Mustangs with 16 points and Elijah Collins added 14 as Fort Cobb-Broxton reached the semifinals in their first trip back to state since winning it all in 2011.
Fort Cobb-Broxton will face the Weleetka/Laverne winner at 1:30 p.m. Friday at State Fair Arena.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 46837Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 15035Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 9615Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 8305Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 8125Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 7398Rock, pop, country acts give talents and time to help Oklahoma tornado victims
- 7351Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena