State basketball tournament qualifiers: Classes 2A-6A
See what teams from Class 2A to Class 6A qualified for the state tournament Friday.
Girls state qualifiers
No. 1 Anadarko (26-1): Oklahoma State signee Lakota Beatty helps Warriors to sixth consecutive tournament appearance.
NewsOK Related Articles
No. 3 Cushing (24-1): After being eliminated in the area finals last two seasons, the Tigers are in the tournament for the first time since 2005.
No. 6 Byng (26-3): Handed Fort Gibson its first loss of the season to make the tournament for the first time since 2002.
No. 1 Sulphur (27-0): A year after making first appearance since 1923, Sulphur is back again after beating Hugo.
No. 2 Perkins-Tryon (26-0): The Demons are in the field for the third consecutive season after knocking off Sequoyah-Tahlequah.
No. 3 Millwood (21-3): The Falcons are in the tournament for the 20th time after beating Plainview.
No. 4 Adair (27-0): Warriors are in the tournament for the eighth consecutive season after edging Verdigris.
No. 1 Northeast (27-0): Tonkawa put a scare into Vikings, but T'ona Edwards' heroics lift Northeast back to state.
No. 2 Dale (27-1): Breck Clark leads the Pirates back to state for the first time since 2010 title.
No. 7 Colbert (25-4): After coming one win away from berth last season, Leopards are in for the first time since 2004.
Boys state qualifiers
No. 1 Midwest City (23-1): Ranked No. 13 nationally by USA Today earlier this season, the Bombers have been the state's top-ranked team most of the season.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 21543Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 10852Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 8707Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 8666Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 8648Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 7837Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena
- 7718Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister