AT A GLANCE
Carina Saunders' homicide case timeline
• Sept. 28, 2011: Carina Saunders reported missing.
• Oct. 13, 2011: Saunders' dismembered body found in a duffel bag behind a Homeland Store on NW 23 and Rockwell.
• July 5, 2012: Bethany police arrest Luis E. Ruiz on a murder complaint.
• July 23, 2012: Oklahoma County prosecutors charge Ruiz and Jimmy Lee Massey Jr. with first-degree murder.
• Aug. 15, 2012: The state medical examiner releases Saunders' autopsy report.
• Feb. 5: Bethany police turn over Saunders' homicide case to the Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation.
• Feb. 22: Oklahoma County District Attorney David Prater dismisses case against Massey and Ruiz pending more investigation.
• Feb. 25: Ruiz is released from Oklahoma County jail.
TIM WILLERT, STAFF WRITER