At a glance: Oklahoma bills targeting welfare programs
AT A GLANCE
Following is a list of some of the bills introduced during the 2013 legislative session that target federal assistance programs, like the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP), also known as food stamps, and the Temporary Aid to Needy Families (TANF):
NewsOK Related Articles
• House Bill 1908, by House Speaker T.W. Shannon, R-Lawton: Uses federal TANF funds for a program to create a public service campaign to promote marriage.
• House Bill 1909, by Shannon: Limits food stamp eligibility for able-bodied adults under age 50, without minor children, to those who work at least 35 hours per week.
• House Bill 2014, by Rep. Sean Roberts, R-Hominy: Denies food stamp assistance for anyone convicted of a drug-related felony.
• House Bill 2017, by Roberts: Denies food stamp assistance to anyone who has $5,000 in “liquid resources.”
• Senate Bill 456, by Sen. Josh Brecheen, R-Coalgate: Requires every Department of Human Services office in the state to post a sign in its office notifying visitors how to report cases of public assistance fraud.
News Photo Galleriesview all
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients