Oklahoma State loses to Iowa State
Kendra Suttles scores 26 points to lead Cowgirls
AMES, Iowa – Kendra Suttles scored a game-high 26 points, but Iowa State rallied from 13 down in the second half to defeat Oklahoma State 73-70 in front of 10,661 fans inside Hilton Coliseum.
The Cowgirls (20-9, 9-9 Big 12) were ahead most of the first half and led 38-30 at halftime. Brittney Martin scored 14 of her 20 points in the first 20 minutes.
Oklahoma State extended its lead in the second half, but the Cyclones (21-7, 12-6) chipped away and tied it at 63 with four minutes remaining, then outscored the Cowgirls 10-7 to finish the game.
Suttles finished with a game-high 26 points, while Martin added a game-high 11 rebounds. Hallie Christofferson scored 21 points to lead Iowa State.
The Cowgirls will be back in action this weekend at the Big 12 Championship in Dallas.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 90847Oklahoma weather: Severe storm updates
- 47098Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 38051Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 30921Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 13823Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 12196Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 11468How to help tornado victims