The truck was running
Good idea: spending quality time with your kid.
Bad idea: spending quality time in a strip club while your kid waits in the truck.
So Gary Dean Madison II isn’t going to win the Father of the Year award from me. He’ll probably will it from the strippers guild.
Madison, 34, has been charged with child neglect. Police say he left his 5-year-old son alone in the pickup while he went into Fancy’s, a strip club that’s probably as classy as it’s name.
“(My son) was asleep,” he said, according to the police report, “and I thought it would be OK to go in there and have a beer.”
Madison reportedly told police he hadn’t finished his pitcher of beer, so his boy hadn’t been left alone for that long. And the truck was on and the air conditioning was running. Thank goodness. Next time maybe he should leave the window cracked.
If you’re wondering how on earth a dad – any dad, even a horrible dad - could do this, here’s a possible explanation: Madison was also charged with cocaine possession.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 96583Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 17286OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 13078Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 8797Oklahoma tornadoes: Love for Oklahoma generates big donation
- 8670Line of storms brings flash floods to Oklahoma City area
- 8388How to help tornado victims
- 7627Oklahoma tornadoes: Rams quarterback Sam Bradford leading aid effort
- 7620Oklahoma tornadoes: Red Cross text donations not designated for Oklahoma
- 6948Oklahoma tornadoes: Tornado leaves family members in two hospitals and one dead
- 6645Oklahoma tornado: Names of dead released; missing individuals located
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients