News of the day – voting, obesity and a Nazi flag
Cars. The Oklahoma City Council seeks bids for demolition of the Oklahoma State Fair grandstand and speedway. The demolition will leave more room for fried Twinkies and pizza-on-a-stick.
Accidents. An Oklahoma City woman seeks the return of a Nazi flag her husband brought back from his time as a prisoner of war in World War II; the flag was accidentally sold. So, if you’re the Nazi who bought the flag, could you be a dear and return it?
Politics. Friday is the deadline to register to vote in the primary July 27. So Democrats have until Friday to vote in the only election that will matter for them.
Health. A new study ranks Oklahoma as the sixth fattest state. Take that, Mississippi.
Crime. Narcotics agents arrest suspected cartel members in Oklahoma City. You know, guys, if you wanted to hide out and disappear, you should have gone to southeast Oklahoma.
Crime. A police dispatcher in McLoud is accused of stealing marijuana from the polcie evidence locker. Stealing: a bad idea. Stealing from the police: an even worse idea.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 4046At least 51 die in Oklahoma tornado, official says
- 3397Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 3003How to help tornado victims
- 2509Read live updates from the May 20 Moore tornado
- 1115Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 620Oklahoma twister tracked path of 1999 tornado
- 439Twitter reaction from the sports world on the Moore/OKC tornadoes
- 371Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 366Hospitals treat more than 120 after Oklahoma tornado
- 314OKC Thunder: Thunder stuck with worst-case scenario
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients