Oklahoma State baseball: Walk-off walk gives Cowboys win over Missouri State
Randy McCurry drew a bases-loaded walk in the bottom of the 10th inning to give the Oklahoma State baseball a 5-4 win over Missouri State on Tuesday at Allie P. Reynolds Stadium in Stillwater.
OSU trailed 4-2 going into the bottom of the eighth inning, but loaded the bases with no outs following two walks and a single. The Cowboys then tied the score on consecutive sacrifice flies by pinch hitter Aaron Cornell and center fielder Jarrett Higgins.
McCurry, who started the game at shortstop, moved to the pitcher's mound in the 10th inning and induced a pair of ground ball outs to get out of a jam.
Then, with one out and the bases loaded, McCurry drew a walk to drive in the winning run.
“This team never lets the score dictate their spirit or their effort,” said OSU coach Josh Holliday. “They've learned if they play all nine innings, sometimes 10 or 14, with a high level of concentration, that you're never out of a game.”
OSU returns to action at 6:30 p.m. Friday in Stillwater with the opener of a three-game series against Loyola Marymount.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 12757Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 10379Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 9755Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 9478Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 6719Miranda Lambert, Reba McEntire, Vince Gill to join Blake Shelton at "Healing in the Heartland" Oklahoma tornado benefit
- 4489Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 4265Oklahoma tornadoes: Sooners bring back some smiles to Sydney Angle's teammates