Ryal Public School board suspends superintendent
The two-member board of Ryal Public School voted to suspend Scot Trower with pay pending the outcome of an investigation into comments he made to a reporter with The Oklahoman last month, school board member Robert Bennett said.
HENRYETTA — Ryal Public School board members voted during a board meeting Monday night to suspend its superintendent.
Videoview all videos
Mar 6Th school board to suspend Scot Trower with pay pending...
Feb 22Ryal Public School is one of the poorest in the state,...
Photoview all 29 photos
NewsOK Related Articles
The two-member board voted to suspend Scot Trower with pay pending the outcome of an investigation into comments he made to a reporter with The Oklahoman last month, school board member Robert Bennett said.
A third seat on the board was recently vacated due to a death and has not been filled, so the second vote for suspension by board member Jason Harjo made the decision unanimous, Bennett said.
“Mr. Trower was suspended with pay pending further investigation and action by the board,” Bennett said.
“A pretty good crowd turned out and voiced their opinions on how things went. They weren't happy about how the community was depicted. The story portrayed the Ryal community in a very negative light.”
Bennett said he could not address the accusations in further detail Tuesday night because of the investigation, but defended the community.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 14189Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 12474Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 11484OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 9977Report: OSU blocking Wes Lunt from transferring to the SEC, Big 12 and Southern Miss
- 8873Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 7409Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?
- 7240Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated