Honey bee observation hive opens tomorrow
Here’s some info from the city parks department about a really cool event coming up tomorrow:
WHAT: Grand Opening of Honey Bee Observation Hive
Things are buzzing at the City’s Martin Park Nature Center thanks to volunteers from the Central Oklahoma Bee Keepers Association and Canadian County 4-H Club. The groups will unveil a new Honey Bee Observation Hive on August 21 at 10:00 a.m. The 4-H club members researched and raised money to build and install the hive, which will be maintained by members of the local COBA organization. The hive opening is in celebration of National Honey Bee Awareness Day.
WHEN: Saturday, August 21, 10:00 a.m.
- 10:00 AM – Grand Opening Ceremony
- 10:30 AM – Honey Extraction Demonstration
- 11:00 AM – Introduction to Beekeeping, Equipment Demo
- 10:00 AM – 5:00PM - Bee Keeper Chats and Honey Tasting
If you have any questions, give the Nature Center a call at (405) 755-0676. If you aren’t convinced that this will be cool for you and kids, here are some neat photos one of our photographers took earlier this year:
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 11499Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 10241At least 51 die in Oklahoma tornado, official says
- 8698Read live updates from the May 20 Moore tornado
- 7434How to help tornado victims
- 4914Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 2111Oklahoma twister tracked path of 1999 tornado
- 1490Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 1406Twitter reaction from the sports world on the Moore/OKC tornadoes
- 954Hospitals treat more than 120 after Oklahoma tornado
- 936Expert rips Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation's handling of murder case
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients