The eye of the beholder
I checked out art all over the building. My favorite painting is probably “A Storm Passing Northwest of Anadarko” by Wilson Hurley. It shows a mountain of twisting clouds that illustrates how big the sky can feel in Oklahoma.
I also discovered that I’m not a fan of the portraits. I don’t think I’d like the portraits even if I was one of the subjects. First, I’d think, “Why on earth is there a portrait of me in the Capitol?” Second, I’d think, “Why does this painting have to be of just me standing there? Why can’t I be painted doing something, like winning a marathon or kicking like a ninja?”
That aside, here are some pictures of things I saw that I thought were interesting:
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 14417OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 14044Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 8989Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 7004Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 5982Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers
- 5451Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 5357Report: OSU blocking Wes Lunt from transferring to the SEC, Big 12 and Southern Miss
- 4703Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?
- 4345Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated
- 4109'Hatchet hitchhiker' arrested after attorney found dead
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients