News of the day – all shook up
Government. Hundreds of thousands of state dollars pay for public art projects, even in the terrible economy. Artists wonder why they’re still broke.
Shenanigans. An Elvis impersonator gets probation for selling prescription pain medicine after a federal judge is leniant. Apparently this impersonator will not be singing “Jailhouse Rock.”
Education. Oklahoma State University established a minor in creativity, encouraging students to ask, “What if?” Students will then ask, “What if what?”
Politics. Election officials certify the results of the congressional runoff between James Lankford and Kevin Calvey. I bet Kevin Calvey was super exicted to have his loss certified officially.
Entertainment. Officials announce the Toy and Action Figure Museum will stay in Pauls Valley because of an overwhelming show of local support after word spread the museum may move to Bricktown. The Green Lantern’s plans to go to Skky Bar are ruined.
Sports. Bob Stoops is 50. This year he might have to have his own rant: “I’m a man! I’m 50!”
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 18669Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 10379Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 9301Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 7759Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 6777UPDATE: Search continues for boy, 17, missing in Uncle John Creek in Kingfisher
- 6498Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister
- 6417Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 6385Oklahoma tornadoes: Sooners bring back some smiles to Sydney Angle's teammates
- 6185Miranda Lambert, Reba McEntire, Vince Gill to join Blake Shelton at "Healing in the Heartland" Oklahoma tornado benefit
- 5448Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients