News of the day – mama grizzlies rejoice
Politics. Sarah Palin excites supporters in Tulsa. She also excites mama grizzlies.
Health. New research shows that smoking bans benefit kids with asthma. Research done by kids with asthma says, “Duh.”
Events. The state fair begins today. Pizza-on-a-stick: I’m about to own you.
Nonprofits. The United Way of Central Oklahoma hires Debby Hampton to replace Bob Spinks. She will start filling big shoes Jan. 1.
Religion. A Satanist group has split, and now plans to host their exorcism at the Civic Center Music Hall have been canceled. Apparently Satan isn’t very organized.
Education. Rose State College gets ready to turn 40 on Sept. 21. College students still consider 40 way crazy old.
Outdoors. People who raise $1,200 for Special Olympics will be about to rappel down the Hard Rock Hotel and Casino. They’ll be able to try to double their money on their way down.
Health. Oklahoma ranks No. 5 in teen birth rates, up from No. 8. Please refer to this story: Oklahoma City is horny. Could we please do some more serious sex education now?
Shenanigans. PETA girls shower together downtown to protest how much water is used in meat processing. Men rejoice.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 17441Oklahoma storms: Profile of Life: Megan and Case Futrell
- 13900OKC Central: Architectural "Worsts"
- 11725'Firehouse' in Oklahoma City's Deep Deuce is set to become new home
- 11253Norman man threatens Oklahoma Gov. Fallin's 'child' and local sheriff in emails
- 8882Was Special Treatment Given in Oklahoma Vice Mayor DUI Traffic Stop?
- 7879Police shoot, kill man holding child hostage in Midwest City
- 7323Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale
- 7059Brad Lund granted two-year lease to Taft Stadium for soccer team
- 7006Red meat might be delicious, but not as nutritious
- 6837Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale - performance episode
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients