Chocolate-covered bacon? No thanks.
But I was feeling adventurous, dangerous, stupid.
Another reporter here brought back some chocolate-covered bacon from the fair to share with whoever thought that would be a good idea. This is a picture of it here.
I haven’t had any bacon since attending the Bacon Festival in Enid last month. Seriously. That was enough bacon to last a lifetime. But when presented with a challenge that doesn’t involve heights, I had to take the bait. In this case, it was chocolate-covered bait.
And it was gross.
It was just as gross as it sounds, people. It was bacon covered in chocolate. Gross.
The chocolate itself was quite delicious. It tasted high-quality and smooth. But the bacon inside – that was the problem. I’m not opposed to bacon and candy intermingling. A friend of mine at work makes the most delicious bacon peanut brittle. I don’t even really like regular peanut brittle, but Megan Rolland’s bacon brittle is to die for. But the chocolate-covered bacon from the fair? No thanks. I think my heart aged 10 years when I swallowed those two little bites.
If I make it back to the fair this year, I’m staying with my original choices: pizza-on-a-stick and a cinnamon roll. No thanks, chocolate-covered bacon.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 22062Oklahoma baseball: Joe Simpson 'thrilled' that Sunny Golloway left OU
- 13856Tom Ward is out as SandRidge's CEO
- 11034Classen School of Advanced Studies valedictorian disappears while hiking with family in Ecuador
- 10900UPDATE: I-40 reopened at Shields after fatal wreck
- 7641Will Oklahomans get on board with new water toy?
- 7472Oklahoma State football: A stunning success story at the box office
- 6309Oklahoma State football: Mike Gundy lifts Wes Lunt restrictions, but too late
- 5703Get App-y: Google Glass to offer heads-up computing
- 5621Prosecutors say stolen car was at heart of 2011 fatal shootings in Oklahoma City
- 5179Team Blake's Danielle Bradbery wins "The Voice"; The Swon Brothers finish in third place
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients