Sesame Street has Sesame Sense
Sesame Street officials have announced they won’t run a segment that singer Katy Perry did with Elmo because, you know, it was really horrible and not appropriate for children.
OK, so maybe those are my words and not theirs, but I think it pretty much summarizes what happened. The other day a colleague emailed me this video, and I have to say, I thought it was pretty bad. I was thinking about my 1-year-old daughter, and I didn’t think it would be a good idea for her to watch Katy Perry run around in a cleavage-bearing mini-dress. (I know, I know – I just sounded like a 120-year-old lady complaining about those darn kids.)
And I’ll admit it: I like some of Katy Perry’s songs. There’s good for shaking your groove thang. But I don’t know if she’s the first person I’d invite to be a guest on an educational children’s show. And I mean for goodness sake: put on some pants if you’re going to hang out with Elmo!
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 15646Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 9491Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 8139Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 7458Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 7219Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 6377Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister
- 6374Miranda Lambert, Reba McEntire, Vince Gill to join Blake Shelton at "Healing in the Heartland" Oklahoma tornado benefit
- 5867Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 5666Oklahoma tornadoes: Sooners bring back some smiles to Sydney Angle's teammates
- 5246UPDATE: Search continues for boy, 17, missing in Uncle John Creek in Kingfisher
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients