The many fashions of Saundra Naifeh
I’m writing a column tomorrow about former Edmond Mayor Saundra Naifeh’s comments about Las Vegas and Oklahoma City. One of the NewsOK commentors brought up an interesting point about Naifeh: why did we choose this particular picture of her to run with the story?
That’s a good question. She’s wearing kind of an interesting outfit. What’s the background of that? I checked the archives to see what was up. Turns out, the photo was provided to us when Naifeh won an award for community service. It’s the most recent photo we have of her that’s not a group shot. So I thought I’d share the most recent photos we have of her (not including the one that went with the story). To be fair, I’ll also share my most recent pictures from our archives, including the one with the monkey:
As a side note, the photo of Naifeh that I chose for my column isn’t here. I picked one that she herself really loves. It shows her posing with a frog statue. It’s the one she asked us to use with a story about her ending her time as mayor of Edmond.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 101218Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 15357OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 13402Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 8724Line of storms brings flash floods to Oklahoma City area
- 8110How to help tornado victims
- 8098Oklahoma tornadoes: Love for Oklahoma generates big donation
- 8041Oklahoma tornadoes: Rams quarterback Sam Bradford leading aid effort
- 6720Oklahoma tornadoes: Oklahoma singer packs tour bus with donations for storm victims
- 6515Oklahoma tornadoes: Red Cross text donations not designated for Oklahoma
- 5990Oklahoma tornadoes: Tornado leaves family members in two hospitals and one dead
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients