New York copies Oklahoma
A friend of mine emailed me this story, which is clear proof that New York is copying Oklahoma.
Many fundraisers feature women in designer gowns and men in tuxes, but over the weekend in New York City’s SoHo neighborhood — known for art galleries and hipsters — one gallery held a different kind of charity event: The Bacon-Palooza.
The dress was casual, the people were young, and the cause was to raise money for kids with autism.
The event had everything bacon: bacon the movie, bacon the musical, bacon songs, bacon art, bacon products, and, of course, bacon food and drink. And the people who paid $50 to get tickets to the three-day affair said bacon — not vegan — was the hippest food.
Sorry, Charlies. We’ve cornered the market on bacon. Ladies and gentlemen, Exhibits A and B:
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 10457Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 9286Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 5848Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 4983Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 4420Oklahoma City pastor will face trial in fatal shooting of son-in law
- 4301Oklahoma tornadoes: Price family recovering after some heavy blows
- 4216How to help tornado victims
- 4195Oklahoma tornadoes: Lack of storm shelters floors newcomers to Tornado Alley
- 4147Woman's body found in Payne County; two arrested
- 4123OU softball: Sooners inspired by Casey Angle, run-rule Texas A&M
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients