News of the day – some bad ideas
Education. A school cafeteria manager who was verbally abusive to students was fired after a seven-hour hearing with the Oklahoma City School Board. It took seven hours to realize verbal abuse is bad?
Education. Oklahoma teens raise money to send younger kids on free field trips to the Gaylord-Pickens Oklahoma Heritage Museum. It’s mostly so the kids can learn that Tom Stafford is an astronaut, not a scuba diver.
Transportation. The city of Oklahoma City and BNSF Railway can’t agree who should fix the terrible crossing at SE 23 and Shields Boulevard. In the mean time, drivers can’t agree on who to be mad at.
Construction. The Skydance Bridge over the Oklahoma River is going to have to be redesigned because costs have spiked. I hate you, Great Recession.
Sports. Oklahoma State superstar receiver Justin Blackmon was arrested on suspicion of driving under the influence. What’s worse than driving all the way to Dallas just to see the Cowboys lose? Driving drunk.
The picture of the day today is of Callie Gulikers, who is trick-or-treating at Haunt the Zoo for Halloween:
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 11499Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 10241At least 51 die in Oklahoma tornado, official says
- 8698Read live updates from the May 20 Moore tornado
- 7434How to help tornado victims
- 4914Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 2111Oklahoma twister tracked path of 1999 tornado
- 1490Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 1406Twitter reaction from the sports world on the Moore/OKC tornadoes
- 954Hospitals treat more than 120 after Oklahoma tornado
- 936Expert rips Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation's handling of murder case
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients