News of the day – the gnome gets busted
History. Oklahoma elects is first female governor. Take that, Good Ol’ Boys Club!
Elections. About 50 percent of Oklahoma voters participated in Election Day yesterday. The other half didn’t care about the historic governor’s race, the million state questions or who will represent them at several levels of government. You guys better have a sick note from your doctor.
Government. Sales tax collections are up again in Oklahoma City. “Cautious optimism” is slowing being replaced by “unmitigated joy.”
Travel. The Oklahoma City Council decided to keep their ban on out-of-state travel for the mayor and council. With the bacon festival and five rattlesnake festivals, why would you ever need to leave the state?
Travel. The state of Oklahoma sues several online travel brokers, saying the companies owe the state millions in hotel taxes. The Travelocity Roaming Gnome pleads the fifth.
Money. Forbes names Oklahoma City the most affordable city in the country. And yet, I’m still broke.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 83911Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 66115Oklahoma weather: Severe storm updates
- 33602Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 20416Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 18059Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 13064Oklahoma sucker-punched by second round of twisters
- 9549Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 8530Bounty hunters look for bail jumpers, fugitives on the streets of Oklahoma City
- 8480Oklahoma football: Jay Norvell working on luring a tall group of wide receivers to Norman
- 8114Oklahoma City Thunder: What could Serge Ibaka learn from Hakeem Olajuwon?
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients