Would you go to jail to protect your child?
You better believe I would. This story is so fascinating. A woman named Misty Lynn Williams spent 14 months in jail after fleeing the state with her daughter and refusing to tell authorities where the girl was. Williams said her ex-husband was sexually abusing the girl – a charge he denies. She fled to Texas, where she secretly left her duaghter in the care of a couple there.
DHS workers didn’t believe Williams’ allegations, and she successfuly sued the agency for $300,000 for ignoring her concerns. (Click here to read the full story.)
That means that Oklahoma taxpayers have to give Williams $300,000. Something we can’t give her: the 14 months she spent in jail instead of with her little girl.
“I would sit here until I die if I have to,” she told The Oklahoman in 2005, when she was still in jail. (Photo at left)
What a brave and selfless act. A mother has to do what she has to do to protect her child.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 17441Oklahoma storms: Profile of Life: Megan and Case Futrell
- 13900OKC Central: Architectural "Worsts"
- 11725'Firehouse' in Oklahoma City's Deep Deuce is set to become new home
- 11253Norman man threatens Oklahoma Gov. Fallin's 'child' and local sheriff in emails
- 8882Was Special Treatment Given in Oklahoma Vice Mayor DUI Traffic Stop?
- 7879Police shoot, kill man holding child hostage in Midwest City
- 7323Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale
- 7059Brad Lund granted two-year lease to Taft Stadium for soccer team
- 7006Red meat might be delicious, but not as nutritious
- 6837Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale - performance episode
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients