Rep. Mike Shelton’s response to Gov. Mary Fallin’s response to President Barack Obama’s speech in #Cushing
Rep. Mike Shelton had this to say about Gov. Fallin:
State Rep. Mike Shelton said Gov. Mary Fallin’s absence at today’s visit by President Barack Obama is an embarrassment for Oklahomans.
“Regardless of your partisan affiliation, there is such a thing as basic decency and neighborly politeness,” said Shelton, D-Oklahoma City. “For the governor and most major state officials to skip President Obama’s visit is insulting to the president and an embarrassment to the state.”
He noted that Fallin and Lt. Gov. Todd Lamb both missed the speech, as did the governor’s secretary of energy, and none of them were even on hand to greet the president when he arrived at the airport last night.
“While the governor did not have time to meet or even greet the president, she did have time to issue press releases attacking him,” Shelton said. “When citizens see that kind of behavior, they must wonder: Does politics ever stop? Relationships are two-way streets and the governor seems to have failed in that department. I believe you should treat others as you would have them treat you. Today, Oklahomans looked good on energy, but poor on leadership.”
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 16859Oklahoma storms: Profile of Life: Megan and Case Futrell
- 12191OKC Central: Architectural "Worsts"
- 11527'Firehouse' in Oklahoma City's Deep Deuce is set to become new home
- 11272Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale - performance episode
- 11209Norman man threatens Oklahoma Gov. Fallin's 'child' and local sheriff in emails
- 9827Police shoot, kill man holding child hostage in Midwest City
- 7998Was Special Treatment Given in Oklahoma Vice Mayor DUI Traffic Stop?
- 6986Red meat might be delicious, but not as nutritious
- 6951Brad Lund granted two-year lease to Taft Stadium for soccer team
- 5788Oklahoma Corrections Department director to resign
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients