Oklahoma City YWCA celebrates store anniversary
Want to help women and look fabulous? Here’s how:
Our Sister’s Closet, the upscale retail shop of the YWCA, will celebrate its 5th anniversary this Thursday, April 26. The SW Oklahoma City location, 2209 W. 1-240 Service Road, will be hosting a special guest at 7 p.m. to celebrate.
“Queen Mum” Patsy Smith from the Consumer Queen organization will make a presentation to share tips on frugal shopping, couponing and give ideas on how to save and shop wisely.
“Our Sisters’ Closet is not only a money saving shop, but it is also one of the revenue generating opportunities for the YWCA Oklahoma City,” said Deb Stanaland, Chief Support Services Officer. “The whole idea of this store is to generate money to provide to other services in the agency, which we have done over the last five years.”
In addition to the Consumer Queen presentation, both Our Sisters’ Closet locations will have specials and discounts throughout the day. People can enter to win a $50 gift card, and the SW Oklahoma City store will remain open for late-night shopping from 6 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. on Thursday.
“We have provided clothing and household items to more than 2,000 women and children since we opened the doors five years ago,” said Cindy Reynolds, Director of Retail Operations. “One thing that makes us special is once someone comes into our stores, they become loyal because of who we are, what we do and the services we provide.”
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 101218Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 15357OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 13402Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 8724Line of storms brings flash floods to Oklahoma City area
- 8110How to help tornado victims
- 8098Oklahoma tornadoes: Love for Oklahoma generates big donation
- 8041Oklahoma tornadoes: Rams quarterback Sam Bradford leading aid effort
- 6720Oklahoma tornadoes: Oklahoma singer packs tour bus with donations for storm victims
- 6515Oklahoma tornadoes: Red Cross text donations not designated for Oklahoma
- 5990Oklahoma tornadoes: Tornado leaves family members in two hospitals and one dead
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients