Oklahoma City spraygrounds open Saturday because of @okcparks
I am so excited. My duaghter, who is 2 1/2, loves the spraygrounds. I was just chatting with a friend who recently moved to Oklahoma from out of state. She has a young daughter, too, and I was bragging to her about the city’s spraygrounds. They’re always clean, safe and fun. Thumbs up, Oklahoma City Parks Department. I mean, seriously. Look at this picture from Oklahoman Photographer Paul Hellstern. Adorable, people.
Spraygrounds are open from 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. every day from Saturday to Sept. 3. The best part: they’re free. I mean, you’re already paying for them with your tax dollars, so you might as well take advantage of them, right? Here are the locations:
Douglass Park, 900 Frederick Douglass Ave
E.B. Jeffrey Park, 1300 N. Meridian
Harvest Hills Park, 8235 NW 104th
Lippert Park, 5501 S. Shartel Ave.
Macklanburg Park, 2234 NW 117 St
McCracken Park, 425 SE 64 Street
McKinley Park, 1300 N McKinley Ave
Melrose Park, 7800 Melrose Lane
Memorial Park, 1152 NW 36th St
North Highland Park, 8200 N Harvey Ave
Reed Park, 1218 N May Ave
Schilling Park, 601 SE 25
Sellers Park, 8301 S Villa
Taylor Park, 1115 SW 70 St
Wiley Post Park, 1705 S Robinson Ave
Youngs Park, 4610 S Youngs Blvd
New this year: Minnis Lakeview Park, 12520 NE 36th St
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 16150OKC Central: Architectural "Worsts"
- 14605Oklahoma storms: Profile of Life: Megan and Case Futrell
- 10995Oklahoma baseball: Joe Simpson 'thrilled' that Sunny Golloway left OU
- 9399Was Special Treatment Given in Oklahoma Vice Mayor DUI Traffic Stop?
- 9121'Firehouse' in Oklahoma City's Deep Deuce is set to become new home
- 8921Classen School of Advanced Studies valedictorian disappears while hiking with family in Ecuador
- 7695Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale
- 7584Norman man threatens Oklahoma Gov. Fallin's 'child' and local sheriff in emails
- 7477Two teacher programs at Oklahoma universities called ineffective
- 7078Red meat might be delicious, but not as nutritious
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients