Oklahoma Speaker of the House comments on Supreme Court health care ruling
House Speaker Kris Steele, R-Shawnee, just sent out this statement about the Supreme Court’s ruling on health care:
It’s unprecedented to see America’s highest court rule that the federal government is more powerful than the individual despite the fact that our nation’s founding principles say the opposite. This was a deeply divided opinion, with the dissenting justices explaining precisely why Oklahoma has opposed this law from the beginning. The constitutional concerns that led Oklahoma to tread carefully with policy decisions on all elements of this law – big and small – have proven valid, given the narrowly split opinion. Our best hope now is to elect those willing to repeal this law and work together to find better solutions to the significant health care challenges faced by our state and nation.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 24190Oklahoma baseball: Joe Simpson 'thrilled' that Sunny Golloway left OU
- 13456Classen School of Advanced Studies valedictorian disappears while hiking with family in Ecuador
- 11113Tom Ward is out as SandRidge's CEO
- 10453UPDATE: I-40 reopened at Shields after fatal wreck
- 7895Oklahoma State football: A stunning success story at the box office
- 6976Oklahoma State football: Mike Gundy lifts Wes Lunt restrictions, but too late
- 6568Prosecutors say stolen car was at heart of 2011 fatal shootings in Oklahoma City
- 6301Get App-y: Google Glass to offer heads-up computing
- 6165Team Blake's Danielle Bradbery wins "The Voice"; The Swon Brothers finish in third place
- 4992Will Oklahomans get on board with new water toy?
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients