Eat pancakes to help people with utility bills
Do you love pancakes? Do you love helping people? I have a win-win for you, then.
The Salvation Army Central Oklahoma Area Command, the Oklahoma Masons, OG&E, ONG and Public Service Company of Oklahoma are serving breakfast this week to help people with high utility bills.
It’s an all-you-can eat breakfast pancakes, sausage, juice and coffee. The event will be 7 to 9 a.m. Friday, July 13, at the Mason’s Myrtle Lodge No. 145 at 125 SE 89. Tickets are $5.
The event is part of a week-long effort to raise funds for energy assistance programs, like OG&E’s Lend-A-Hand, ONG’s Share the Warmth and PSO’s Light-A-Life.
The Salvation Army receives about 250 requests for utility bill help every week, and that number goes up when the weather is extreme, according to the charity.
Can’t make it to the breakfast? Donations can be sent to The Salvation Army, P.O. Box 2095, Oklahoma City, OK 73101. For more information, call The Salvation Army at 246-1100.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 36901Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 36295Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 32626Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 8549Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 5487OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 4132Oklahoma City Thunder: What could Serge Ibaka learn from Hakeem Olajuwon?
- 4021Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 3510College football: Coaches, athletes weigh in on NCAA's suspended recruiting proposals
- 3369George Nigh has long been 'Four' Oklahoma
- 3261Brittney Griner: Kim Mulkey said keep quiet on sexuality
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients