Parent support groups offered
Someone explain why my daughter wants to trade food with my at every single meal. Every single meal! Maybe if I went to one of these groups another parent could help me out. Here some information from the Oklahoma City-County Health Department:
Have you ever wondered if other parents were stressing as much as you about toilet training a child? Have you felt isolated and tried looking for things to do with your young child? Are you just trying to get enough sleep?
A parent support group can offer a chance to connect with other parents experiencing concerns similar to yours. The groups could have some answers for you, and you may have ideas to share with other parents.
The Child Guidance program at the Oklahoma City-County Health Department (OCCHD) is offering Circle of Parents support groups at the following locations:
- Del City Community Center – every Monday @ 10:00 a.m.
- Edmond Peace Lutheran Church – every Thursday @ 9:00 a.m.
- Northwest Library – every Thursday @ 10:00 a.m.
- Village Library – every Wednesday @ 10:00 a.m.
Circle of Parents groups are FREE parent-led support groups facilitated by a Child Development Specialist from OCCHD. These groups provide opportunities to share parenting/care giving ideas, to address challenges surrounding parenting, to discuss tips and techniques used by other parents and to find ways of coping with the stress that often comes with parenting.
The groups are free but registration is required. Please call Child Guidance @ 405-425-4412 for more information and to register.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 90847Oklahoma weather: Severe storm updates
- 47098Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 38051Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 30921Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 13823Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 12196Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 11468How to help tornado victims
- 10724Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 10241At least 51 die in Oklahoma tornado, official says
- 8728Bounty hunters look for bail jumpers, fugitives on the streets of Oklahoma City
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients