Edmond 4-H hosting informational cookout
Here’s the skinny:
Youth ages 9 to 19 who would like to eat hot dogs with new friends are invited to attend the Edmond 4-H “Welcome Cookout” Monday, September 17, at 6:30 p.m.
The Cookout, which will be held at Hafer Park in Edmond, will allow young people who would like to get involved with the local 4-H program to meet others in the club as they get a good look at what sort of activities they will be involved in with 4-H.
“We’re going to have a great time getting to know each other and making plans for the upcoming year,” commented Monica Wilhoite, Volunteer Leader for the Edmond 4-H Club.
In the past, the Edmond 4-H club has been one of the strongest in the Oklahoma County 4-H Program and has a history of holding a Safety Fair every year for local residents, as well as staying active in community service projects in the area.
“Our club plans to be active in all sorts of projects this year,” Wilhoite explained. “Of course members will also find help in our club as they develop their own projects in areas like citizenship, leadership, photography, music or hundreds of other areas, but they will also be part of a very active club that hopes to make a difference in our community.”
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 16614OKC Central: Architectural "Worsts"
- 14171Oklahoma baseball: Joe Simpson 'thrilled' that Sunny Golloway left OU
- 13556Oklahoma storms: Profile of Life: Megan and Case Futrell
- 10806Classen School of Advanced Studies valedictorian disappears while hiking with family in Ecuador
- 9444Was Special Treatment Given in Oklahoma Vice Mayor DUI Traffic Stop?
- 7747Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale
- 7539Two teacher programs at Oklahoma universities called ineffective
- 7474'Firehouse' in Oklahoma City's Deep Deuce is set to become new home
- 7103Red meat might be delicious, but not as nutritious
- 7093Train engineer's vision problems led to deadly Oklahoma wreck, NTSB rules
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients