Oklahoma City Zoo comes up with best Halloween idea ever
The Oklahoma City Zoo is offering up a chance for families to trade around those ridiculously adorable outfits that our kids only wear a couple days a year. It’s cheap/free and it’s open to anyone. I love it! Now I’ve got to go and see if we saved our daughter’s meerkat costume from last year. As you can see, Mia the Meerkat – or Miakat, as we called her – was the cutest. Another family should enjoy that cuteness as well!
This reminds me of a project at an Arkansas library in my friend’s hometown. The library would allow families to check out costumes for Halloween. Yeah – check them out like books! Free! My friend discovered this brilliant plan last year, and her daught was Chewbacca. Does it get much better? Doubtful.
Here’s the press release from the zoo:
Looking for a greener way to dress up for Halloween? It’s simple– swap costumes with a friend for something “new to you” at the Oklahoma City Zoo! To increase conservation awareness for local families, the Zoo is partnering with The National Costume Swap Day, Saturday, October 13, 2012. The public is invited to donate gently used Halloween costumes and receive tickets to swap for different ones. This event coincides with the Zoo’s annual Pumpkin Drive. Participants can costume swap and/or pumpkin drop. Dropping off a large pumpkin allows for free, same-day admission to the Zoo. Statistics show that 6,250 tons of landfill waste could be avoided if just half the kids in America traded Halloween costumes instead of buying new ones.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 15647OKC Central: Architectural "Worsts"
- 15447Oklahoma storms: Profile of Life: Megan and Case Futrell
- 10056'Firehouse' in Oklahoma City's Deep Deuce is set to become new home
- 9335Was Special Treatment Given in Oklahoma Vice Mayor DUI Traffic Stop?
- 8950Norman man threatens Oklahoma Gov. Fallin's 'child' and local sheriff in emails
- 7906Oklahoma baseball: Joe Simpson 'thrilled' that Sunny Golloway left OU
- 7604Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale
- 7402Two teacher programs at Oklahoma universities called ineffective
- 7043Classen School of Advanced Studies valedictorian disappears while hiking with family in Ecuador
- 7042Red meat might be delicious, but not as nutritious
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients