Could you consume $100 worth of bacon and bourbon?
The Oklahoma Pork Council hosting a five-course meal dedicated to two things that are near and dear to some people’s hearts: bacon and bourbon. Right now, there are men somewhere whose spidey senses are tingling.
Here are the details:
The five-course meal is being put together by Waterford Marriot Chef John Wheeler in conjunction with Republic Beverage. The event starts at 6:30 p.m. Nov. 2 at the Waterford Marriot, 6300 Waterford Boulevard. Tickets are $100. Call 405-232-3781. You have to be 21 to go. Clearly.
Bacon and bourbon have to be in each course. Check out the menu:
- Bacon wrapped shrimp and pork belly skewers with Booker glaze.
- Micro green salad with gorgonzola bacon rings and Jim Beam Honey Tea vinaigrette. (I haven’t had Jim Beam Honey Tea, but I’m going to go out on a limb and say that it most certainly is not tea.)
- Knob Creek Single Barrel pumpkin and pork belly stew
- Bacon Pesto crusted pork tenderloin with Basil Hayden reduction served with garlic herb polenta and parmesan and bacon crusted asparagus.
- Chocolate, bacon and berry cake with chocolate Jim Beam Devils Cut sauce.
OK, if I were cooking this meal, I’d want to be responsible for the dessert course. Because, let’s be honest: everyone is going to be totally drunk by dessert. Your dessert could be absolutely horrible and everybody would love it. In fact, they probably would like it even more if it was gross. Think about 2 a.m. runs for tacos and pancakes. Drunk people aren’t looking for anything fancy.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 10457Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 9286Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 5848Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 4983Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 4420Oklahoma City pastor will face trial in fatal shooting of son-in law
- 4301Oklahoma tornadoes: Price family recovering after some heavy blows
- 4216How to help tornado victims
- 4195Oklahoma tornadoes: Lack of storm shelters floors newcomers to Tornado Alley
- 4147Woman's body found in Payne County; two arrested
- 4123OU softball: Sooners inspired by Casey Angle, run-rule Texas A&M
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients