Charity hosts drive for athletic equipment
It’s time to be honest with yourself. Are you really ever going to play hockey again? I mean, maybe. But do your knees think you should play hockey again? Exactly.
Or, maybe you’re like me: you just keep playing sports despite the fact you suck and are getting older by the day. You continue buying new stuff, hoping this will somehow make you run faster and jump higher. Or mabye just run less slow and jump less like a drunken snowman.
Or, maybe your kid is growing like a weed and only used a pair of cleats or a baseball glove for one season.
These are all good reasons to donate your sports equipment.
OKLAHOMA CITY – Today, Oklahoma Cleats for Kids announced a collection drive in conjunction with the nonprofit’s one year birthday.
“When we started Cleats for Kids, we assumed it would take off, but we really didn’t know just how fast,” said Stacy McDaniel, co-founder and Executive Director. “As many of us know, sports can be very expensive. We feel that the benefits of team sports – developing healthier lifestyles and building character – are so great for youth, that we’re dedicated to finding a way for all Oklahoma kids to be suited up, regardless of their family’s financial situation.”
WHO: Everyone in OKC and surrounding! “Kid volunteers” will be on hand to help with the collecting.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 17348Oklahoma storms: Profile of Life: Megan and Case Futrell
- 13445OKC Central: Architectural "Worsts"
- 11653'Firehouse' in Oklahoma City's Deep Deuce is set to become new home
- 11177Norman man threatens Oklahoma Gov. Fallin's 'child' and local sheriff in emails
- 8712Was Special Treatment Given in Oklahoma Vice Mayor DUI Traffic Stop?
- 7813Police shoot, kill man holding child hostage in Midwest City
- 7268Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale
- 7021Brad Lund granted two-year lease to Taft Stadium for soccer team
- 7006Red meat might be delicious, but not as nutritious
- 6811Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale - performance episode
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients