Christmas Giveaway: comment to win “The Authentic Animal”
Do you need a book about taxidermy? Yeah you do!
I got a copy today of the book “The Authentic Animal: Inside the Odd and Obsessive World of Taxidermy.” I’m going to be honest. I want to keep this book. But it really looks too interesting to be selfish about. I opened a random page, and here’s an excerpt:
Isn’t taxidermy about honoring the very animal that died? About capturing that animal’s spirit? In compettive taxidermy, the answer is no.
Yes. You know this book is going to be fascinating.
So, how can you win? Leave a comment saying which animal you’d like to have taxidermied in your home. For me? I’d say and aardworf. Oh yeah. That’s real a real thing.
Everyone who came over would be like, “What the heck is that? Hyena? Fox? I mean seriously. Was that cobbled together with leftover parts from other animals?” And I’d say, “No. It’s an aardwolf.” And off we’d go, talking about the fascinating world of the animal kingdom.
Aardwolves aside, leave your comment with the animal you’d most love to have taxidermied at your home and you’ll go in the hopper. (No OPUBCO employees, no OPUBCO relatives and no jerks allowed.) The deadline is 5 p.m. Thursday, Dec. 13.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 12959Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 12915Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 12323OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 10047Report: OSU blocking Wes Lunt from transferring to the SEC, Big 12 and Southern Miss
- 8563Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 6689Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?
- 6158Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated
- 5174Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers
- 5084Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 4203'Hatchet hitchhiker' arrested after attorney found dead
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients