Fun Father’s Day facts
First of all, Father’s Day is Sunday. Have you mailed a card yet?
Second of all, here are a bunch of interesting facts from the U.S. Census related to dads.
70.1 million: Estimated number of fathers across the nation.
25.3 million: Number of fathers who were part of married-couple families with children younger than 18 in 2010.
22 percent were raising three or more children younger than 18 (among married-couple family households only).
3 percent lived in someone else’s home.
1.8 million: Number of single fathers in 2010; 15 percent of single parents were men. Nine percent were raising three or more children younger than 18. About 46 percent were divorced, 30 percent were never married, 19 percent were separated, and 6 percent were widowed.
39 percent: annual family income of $50,000 or more.
8,111: The number of men’s clothing stores around the country (as of 2008), a good place to buy dad a tie or shirt.
16,010: The number of hardware stores (as of 2008), a place to buy hammers, wrenches, screwdrivers and other items high on the list of Father’s Day gifts. Additionally, there were 7,009 home centers across the country in 2008.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 54680Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 35701Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 32594Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 8907Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 8388Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 5554Oklahoma City Thunder: What could Serge Ibaka learn from Hakeem Olajuwon?
- 4146OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 3664George Nigh has long been 'Four' Oklahoma
- 3376Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated
- 3309Brittney Griner: Kim Mulkey said keep quiet on sexuality
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients