Weird gangster names
Authorities have arrested a couple of big-time, oddly-named gangsters in the past couple of days.
- Mob boss James Bulger was arrested in California. (Incidentally, Bulger is connected to an Oklahoma homicide.) Nickname: Whitey.
- La Familia gang leader Jose de Jesus Mendez Vargas was arrested in Mexico. Nickname: El Chango, or The Monkey.
OK, let me preface this by saying that I’ve never been the leader of an underground criminal contingent. But I’m going to go ahead and say it: these nicknames are ridiculous. If I were some kind of ruthless, blood-thirsty gangster, I’d want to be known as “Carrie the Assassin” or “Carrie the Killer” or “Carrie the Meanie.” When I think of these guys’ nicknames, I think of this:
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 17897Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale - performance episode
- 15383Oklahoma storms: Profile of Life: Megan and Case Futrell
- 11506Police shoot, kill man holding child hostage in Midwest City
- 11200'Firehouse' in Oklahoma City's Deep Deuce is set to become new home
- 10732Norman man threatens Oklahoma Gov. Fallin's 'child' and local sheriff in emails
- 9276OKC Central: Architectural "Worsts"
- 8256Dillon Overton rips former Sooners coach Sunny Golloway on Twitter
- 6910Red meat might be delicious, but not as nutritious
- 6624Brad Lund granted two-year lease to Taft Stadium for soccer team
- 6479Was Special Treatment Given in Oklahoma Vice Mayor DUI Traffic Stop?
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients