Oklahoma DHS worker stars in reality show “Ammo and Attitude”
This press release just came out from Oklahoma DHS. Legit, people. Be nice to your kids or Angela will come after you.
OKLAHOMA CITY — Angela Schmidt may be one of the next reality TV stars. The Child Welfare Supervisor from southwest Oklahoma is a contestant on the program, “Ammo and Attitude,” airing on the Versus Network.
“Ammo and Attitude” is an outdoor reality TV program that bills itself as something of a cross between “Survivor” and “The Apprentice.” It features six women who compete in various outdoor disciplines, including hunting techniques and wilderness survival.
Schmidt grew up in Snyder, feeding cattle and chopping cotton on the family farm. She currently lives in Frederick with her husband and daughter, and has been with OKDHS for eight years. She has been a child welfare supervisor for four years.
“It’s kind of funny because people at work can’t grasp the fact that once I leave the office, I’m a totally different person,” Schmidt said. More than once, her colleagues have asked for photographic proof that she actually spends her weekends working cattle, hunting and fishing.
She says she submitted her application for the reality show because she wanted to continue to “challenge herself.”
That is also one of the reasons Schmidt was drawn to work in child welfare.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 42155Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 15090Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 9670Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 8506Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 8490Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 7696Rock, pop, country acts give talents and time to help Oklahoma tornado victims
- 7550Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena
- 6946Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister
- 6921Carrie Underwood donates $1 million to Red Cross for disaster relief in wake of deadly Oklahoma tornadoes
- 5498Oklahoma tornadoes: Sooners bring back some smiles to Sydney Angle's teammates
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients