Monarchs at Crowder Lake
A story of mine in the paper today is about the Monarch butterfly migration through Oklahoma this year. I got a really cool email from Carlton Beasley about what he saw out Western Oklahoma. Here’s what he said and the neat photos he sent. (Click on them to see them larger!)
Your article was timely. I was at Crowder lake in Washita county yesterday and noticed the monarchs. The lake was pulled down for dam repair and draw-down replacement in February. The shore line is covered with wild growth. Cool.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 90847Oklahoma weather: Severe storm updates
- 47098Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 38051Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 30921Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 13823Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 12196Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 11468How to help tornado victims
- 10724Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 10241At least 51 die in Oklahoma tornado, official says
- 8728Bounty hunters look for bail jumpers, fugitives on the streets of Oklahoma City
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients